I am a Sydney based writer, broadcaster and humourist (debatable), producing content for publishers and corporations. This site highlights some of my recent stuff. If you'd like me to get working on content for your business (writing, podcasts, video, websites) visit The Multimedia Content Shop.Follow @phildobbie
The podcast that look at what's really going on in the world.View them all
CrossTalk (from CommsDay)
The inside track on what's happening in telecommunications and online.
Gigabit copper, gigabit wireless – why the rush for fibre?
It seems the race is on to offer NBN speeds over alternate network technologies. Samsung reckons 5G can break the gigabit barrier and, as we hear, Huawei’s G.Fast prototype could be delivering a similar speed over our legacy copper networks.2 comments
There's life in the old copper yet
Malcolm Turnbull has a point about FTTN. Copper is showing itself to be more resilient than many would have you believe.1 comment
Public Sector Myths Dispelled
Tele’s Front Page Boat Lies
Are Graduates Work-Ready?
What's great about the NBN
A Very Private Education
Igniting Our Digital Future
Julian Burnside on Surveillance Laws
Malone vs. Gane on copyright reform
What's wrong with the NBN
If Only We Could Export Our Minds As Fast As Our Minerals
We have 94 guests and no members online
- Once again you guys need to remember that advancement in… Written by Daniel Gigabit copper, gigabit wireless – why the rush for fibre?
- Something I'd like to see is more discussion around upload… Written by Leon Wright Gigabit copper, gigabit wireless – why the rush for fibre?
- Er ... is Singapore the best example you can provide?… Written by Phil Dobbie The Real Figures on Government Debt
- WTF Tax revenue is up over 20% since 2006... It… Written by Ryan Rose The Real Figures on Government Debt
- G'day Phil, While on the subject of copper wire, I… Written by David Evans There's life in the old copper yet
The Pulp - Australia's juiciest satire