Australia is hurtling slowly towards one of the fastest broadband networks in the world, but what are we going to do with it?
This week we look at the sorts of applications we might use on this new network, and how will that impact what the government builds. It’s the first part of our wish-list for the new NBN.
- Macquarie Telecom’s MD for hosting Aiden Tudehope says the new services can be put into two categories.
- Telstra chief technology officer Hugh Bradlow says, in part, speed is needed to meet multiple users in each home.
- TransAct’s Tony Allen talks about adoption of video on their existing high speed network.
- MyNetFone CEO Andy Fung talks about the future for VoIP to the home.
- Telecommunications consultant Gina Mihalofska says the government needs to fully consider the systems needed to support the provision of access to the network and applications
- Livewire CEO Omar Khalifa suggests that some of the access should be free to customers.