The year 2011 will be a year of transformation driven by developments in infrastructure. That’s the view of IDC senior IT industry analyst Trevor Clarke. In this edition of BTalk he takes us through trends that he thinks will establish themselves in the next 12 months.
- Virtual Desktops
- Managed print services
- Mobile printing technology
- Bigger screens & touch screens
- Survival of desktops
- One in every five x86 servers shipped in Australia will run Linux
- Hardware appliances will make a successful comeback
- A slew of new hybrid devices that will give the notebook market a facelift
- The rise of media tablets that pitch IT, smartphone and other vendors against each other.
- Converged infrastructure will become a primary driver in the Australian server market.
We talk through each of these trends in this edition of BTalk.